Sunday, February 26, 2012

Math Blues

I was always good at math. When the teacher explained a new concept, it just made sense. If you had two apples and added another two, you then had four apples, and my brain had no trouble comprehending it. It stayed that way for years. All through elementary school math was fast and simple. In seventh grade I skipped Pre-Algebra and still Algebra was an easy A. I enjoyed having the top test scores in the class, even though no one else knew I did. Geometry was a misery because my teacher was evil and I figured it wasn't  my fault that I started getting B+s.

Algebra 2 has been like nothing I've ever had to endure before. I rarely understand the lesson in class and have to go home and study the textbook (which of course is written in jibberish...). If I get a B on a test I'm extremely proud because most of the time I get a C or C+, even after doing every homework assignment and solving every problem on the test.

It is the most frustrating thing in the entire world.

I feel a loss, like a part of me is gone and was replaced by something hideous and foreign. I've failed myself.

I think my biggest fear for high school is Pre-Calculus. I don't know if I'll survive.

1 comment:

  1. Tessa! You are not alone!! Algebra 2 is harder to understand than Spanish for me and I am getting the worst scores I have ever gotten in my entire lifetime. I guess it just doesn't come easily to us. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)