Thursday, April 19, 2012

The "F" Word

I was always way bigger than all of my friends. The other girl in this picture, Laura, was my best friend since I was 2 years old. She's a year older than me. But I bet by this picture you couldn't tell.
Luckily the "F" word wasn't really introduced to me during my childhood. (The "F" word being "fat", of course.) Everyone just said I was an early bloomer, which I was. I started to hit puberty in third grade. My hips got a little wider, my thighs filled out even more than they already were, and my mom made me start wearing a bra (which I hated). I grew to my current height around fifth grade. But that being said, there were other early bloomers who didn't look like me.
Little did my developing brain know it was only the introduction to a trial I would struggle with the rest of my life.
And without the 'early bloomer' excuse hanging around anymore, I know what I really am. My friends can tell me I'm beautiful just the way I am, but deep down I know. I've had thinner times and (excuse my language) fatter times. The thinner times never last and the bigger times get bigger every time

They say first impressions are everything... And I really don't want everyone at Timpanogas High School to remember me like this.

I don't want my trademark to be the "F" word.

1 comment:

  1. I wish your still developing brain could understand how beautiful you are and how you aren't just how you look. You are what's inside your heart, and trust me when I say, if you choose to, then everyone can remember you for just that- your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)