Friday, October 12, 2012

Secrets

I used to not have any secrets. But it seems in the past couple years secrets and knowledge of secrets keep piling on. Last week at a sleepover at Ally's house, I was feeling a little out of sorts, and I ended up in this rant about something super personal. It's something I NEVER talk about. EVER. It's practically my dirty little secret. After I stopped crying, calmed down, and realized what I had just told her... I was afraid she would never think of me the same. "Please never mention this again..." I said awkwardly. And that was it.
But ever since then I've been thinking a lot about secrets. And today when I was secretly texting someone, they admitted they had one, but they wouldn't tell me what it was. It was unsettling. It was one of those secrets that knowing it was life and death for me. I asked to know, and I didn't even pressure them about it, but they still wouldn't tell me. In fact, this person just stopped replying to my texts altogether. I have a feeling they'll never tell me. I also have a feeling I won't sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)