Friday, December 17, 2010

Fighter

He was out of my life. Now ignored by me, shunned, forgotten... So you can imagine my horror when we got the new seating chart.

And I was seated next to him. The over-opinionated social ladder climbing mophead.

At any other point in my life I would have been delighted, but now, I was disgusted. My former crush whispered not-so-quietly amoungst his friends. "Of all people, it had to be her!" I rolled my eyes and as soon as I could leave my seat I did, and he did the same.

I like to match situations with songs, and a thousand songs flashed through my mind. But the best one was Fighter by Christina Aguilara...
"Never saw it coming, all of your backstabbing. Just so you could cash in on a good thing before I'd realized your game. I heard you're going 'round playin' the victim now. But don't even begin feelin' I'm the one to blame 'cause you dug your own grave. After all of the fights and the lies, guess you're wanting to hurt me, but that won't work anymore. No more, it's over.
'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture I wouldn't know how to be this way now, and never to back down. So I wanna say thank you 'cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, makes me that much wiser. So thanks for making me a fighter. Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker, makes me that much smarter.
So thanks for making me a fighter."

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Tessa. I like it. I wish I was in history with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mophead perfectly describes him he just wants to be used by "cool people"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)