Monday, June 13, 2011

Sunburns and Freckles... Yep, it's summer.

I think every winter I forget what summer's like. I mean, I forget what it does to my skin. Last week I went swimming at the Lindon pool with my aunt, brother, and sister for about 3 hours. Apparently one is supposed to re-apply sunscreen, which I didn't. And naturally, I had a pretty nasty sunburn. But the first thing I noticed when I got in the car to go home was my freckles. I swear they got seven shades darker, and looked especially dark in the sun. I freaked out practically the whole ride home, which my aunt wasn't too delighted about.

The next day was the Orem Summerfest. Ally and I went to the carnival, and of course, I was soon sunburned. And let me tell you, it doesn't get any worse than a sunburned sunburn. Now it's painful to wear clothing. And do my hair. And hug people. So pretty much, it's painful to live.
The sun and I are not on good terms right now. For a few minutes yesterday I was convinced I was never going outside again. Well, I've been outside. And my sunburns don't hurt as much as they did Saturday evening.

Other than that, life is pretty good as of the present moment. It's summer. There's no homework. There's family. There's friends. It's nice to have a break from school, and honestly it seems to be going by WAY too fast. Last year I couldn't wait for school, this year I could certainly go on waiting. I don't want summer to end.

And I'm trying really hard not to take this time for granted. I mean, it's a beautiful day outside, and rather than complain about my sunburns I might as well enjoy the fact that I like this weather a lot more than the winter cold.

Sun, keep on shining! Just keep away from my skin for a while, okay? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)