Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Cold

It was about a month and a half ago. We arrived at the school from a weekend field trip at about 10:00 p.m. and were waiting for out parents to come pick us up. I was cold. He could probably tell by my excessive shivering and teeth chattering. I stood there holding my arms together and rubbing them as if it would get rid of the goosebumps. He studied me. I'm sure I was a pathetic sight, but I tried not to think about it. I hummed a song to myself as teenagers scuffled around me. I looked over at him and my face twisted into a forced half-smile before my teeth started chattering again. The next thing I knew, his arms were wrapped around my shoulders. I kept my arms crossed and stood stiffly. But for a moment I relaxed and leaned my head against his chest. There were no thoughts running through my head, I just felt warm. Once my brain started to work again, I quickly pulled away. His parents came and picked him up. I felt colder than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)