Sunday, July 22, 2012

Faded By Time

A few days ago one of my best friends took me swimming at the Scera pool. We were having normal girl talk and ended up counting all of the crushes we've ever had in our lives. (I've had 20, in case you were curious.) Once I finished my long list, I realized that I forgot to count one of them. And of course the one I forgot was the biggest crush I'd ever had and my first big heartbreak. I was shocked that I hadn't even thought of it. I thought I would never forget all that happened during that time, but now it seems like a million years ago on a different planet.
Then I thought about my most recent drama and how I lost most of my closest jr. high friends. And for the first time I realized that I'm not scarred for life, and I WILL be happy again. Not long in the future, the heartache I feel now will be nothing but a distant memory, so faded by time it won't even seem real. I'm happy for that.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I have similar thoughts about my ex husband. If I can feel that way about an ex husband, then your past crushes and high school heartbreaks, breakups and old friendships will also become distant memories. Right now it seems pretty traumatic, but later on you'll be feeling great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)