Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Summer of H-E-Double Toothpick

(Warning: if you are not prepared for whine session, please stop reading this now. Thank you.)

I think I set my expectations for this summer WAYYY too high. I thought it was going to be this amazing life-changing experience and I would go into tenth grade the happiest person alive. Well to put it nicely... the past few months have been rough. The very first day of summer Mom got a surgery that had her on oxygen for at least a week and crazy medications for several weeks. The third week of June I got an infected hair follicle  that swelled up to incredible size and was very painful. Then the start of July I lost 3 of my best friends and went through the closest thing to a breakup you can have without actually having a boyfriend. Soon after that I realized that ever since school ended I only have like 4 friends. Then I pretty much went into a depressive state and haven't done anything for a week and a half. Meanwhile, due to all of the mental stress, I now have an infected gland on my eyelid called a 'stye' which is extremely painful and I'm not allowed to wear any make-up until it heals.
I have youth conference in two days. I honestly don't think I can handle being around people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)