Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Don't Agree With You

He and I have been friends ever since I was 13. He always liked me, and for a while I liked him, but I soon realized that a romantic relationship between us wouldn't work. It was a realization that he never had. For a long time now I've been striving to maintain a normal friendship, but he always seemed to think that there could be something more.
"We just don't belong together," I said.
"I don't agree with you," he replied.
Frustrated, I shot back, "It doesn't matter if you agree. It never works out and you know it."
I think that hurt his feelings.
He won't reply to my texts or emails.
I hate this. I don't know how he is feeling or what's going on and I detest having such a lack of closure. I still care for him as a friend. He thinks I want him out of my life, but I don't. He doesn't understand.
Maybe he never will. He won't even speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)