Saturday, August 20, 2011

Futuristic Thoughts

I went through my normal routine blog stalking when I came across my all-time favorite, my sister's. In her most recent post she talked about how her life is so different than what she thought it would be.

At that thought I wondered what I thought my life would be like right now when I was in elementary school. I guess back then I just assumed my life would stay the same forever. I would have the same best friends, Dad would still tuck me in at night, and no matter how old I got I'd still be me. I guess technically I'm the same person, but at the same time I know I'm not. I've had experiences that have truly tested my strength and with them came new beginnings. I hear my old favorite songs and it takes me away to a time I didn't know how much life could toss someone around to the point they aren't even the same person.

Then I thought about my fantasies of my future. I'll go to Timpanogas High School, graduate, and then meet a hot R.M. in college. We'll get married and then like five years later we'll buy a house and have three kids that all have darkish brown hair and green eyes, just like my husband. Then my husband and I will grow old and become some of those super cute old people that work in the temple. The end.

But we all know that's not gonna happen. My parents will probably move me to some hill-billy state like Tennessee and I'll end up with a creep with a 3-foot beard and in overalls following me around and I'll have to break it to him that I'm off to Utah the second I turn 18 to fulfill my dreams.

I guess that won't happen either now that I've foreseen it. Life just works like that. It never goes as planned. But thank the heavens on that one, I'd rather live in a cardboard box than move anywhere.

One thing I can correctly foresee is that someday I'll look back at this post and wonder what in the world I'm babbling about. And then why I didn't stop making plans for my future and just let it all happen. So I guess that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)