Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ready for School

School starts in ten days. WEIRD.

I almost don't know what do expect going into ninth grade. Seventh grade I started as a nervous, hygienically-challenged, confused mouse. Eighth grade I started as a starstruck, twitterpated fluffball with her head stuck down a hole in the ground. I don't know how I'm starting this year, but I at least can have the reassurance it's gonna be better than any past ones.

This week mom and I went school clothes shopping. I get new clothes about twice a year and right before school is one of them. I got three pairs of jeans, a couple cute shirts, and a few pairs of shoes to wear throughout the year. You'd think clothes shopping would be a downer, worrying about sizes and all, but it actually makes me feel better about myself. I don't know, I guess there's something about looking all spiffy in your new jeans that fit you perfectly that just makes you realize that no matter what you look like, you can always look good with what you've got.

Let me tell you, I am SO ready for school to start. I've gotten to that point I've done everything I wanted to this summer, and now I'm just ready to go hang out with my friends and show them the tan I never thought I'd have. ;) My classes are all perfectly arranged, I've got a really nice locker, and this year is looking better than ever.

Ally is in Algebra and I'm in Algebra 2, so we agreed I'll have to come over on some weekdays to help with homework. Things are really looking up for us. Before, I had convinced myself that her friends at Maeser would somehow replace me. But now I realize that I'll still have all of my separate school friends, just like she'll have hers, but none of that will ruin the friendship we have now.

Life really is going by pretty smoothly for me right now. *Knock on wood* Every day I find myself smiling and one point or another, no matter how many annoying moments there are. I'm not dreading what life is waiting throw at me, I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)