Friday, September 23, 2011

Auditions

"You're up next."
HERE IT IS. I start shaking like a leaf in a breeze.
"Come on in," They say to me, a little too cheerfully. I walk timidly down the auditorium and up on stage. There goes my music. I sing. I shake.  My voice quivers. I eye the judges shyly, wondering what they're thinking.
"Nevermind, I'll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you. . ." The song flows out of my mouth. My voice sounds strange. I look again to the judges as I sing, but they show no emotion. No disappointment, no approval, nothing. It kills me.

Others told me you only sing the first part of your song, so after the first chorus I stop, still staring at the judges, still begging for emotion. The music stops. I speed walk off the stage, frustrated and ashamed of my performance. I leave the auditorium without stopping.

Outside many people greet me and congratulate me. I have nothing to say. I leave the school in silence and call my mom to take me home.

1 comment:

  1. Joseph told me that you were AMAZING!!! I believe him!!!
    -Sister Ige

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)