Monday, December 10, 2012

16 Really Is Pretty Sweet

My friend's and I have a "Confession" notebook where we basically write random facts about ourselves to get to know each other better. I was in math, writing in the notebook with my purple pen. At the top of the page I wrote "Confession #140: Now that I'm sixteen I really want to go on a date," and continued to write random confessions. When I was about 3/4 down the page, one of my guyfriends came up behind me and looked at the notebook. I quickly covered it with my arms and smiled innocently up at him. I had already had a different boy in that class try to read it, but that time I covered it up before he saw anything. This time I was a bit slow.
"I saw that first line," he said, "I'll do it. I'm grounded right now, but when I can, I will." He smiled.
At first I didn't register what he had said. What is he talking about? I looked down at my notebook, back at him, and turned a shade of red that there isn't even a word for. He gave me a fist bump and sat back down in his seat.

I think being 16 is going to be alright.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of random...but Tessa, you are an amazing writer. Simply amazing. I haven't been to your blog for a while, but each time I come and I read what you've written, a smile comes to my face–like this post. You capture a very lively voice and have a way of expressing things in a simple but captivating manner...now I feel like a teacher raving about you...but I just wanted to let you know.

    -Jordyn C.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)