Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Transfer

My best friend Ally goes to Maeser Prep. I still remember, very vividly, the day in eighth grade when she told me she was transferring. We had been inseparable for almost two years and when I found out she was leaving, I cried. During lunch. With everybody staring at me.
Eventually I apologized or not being a supportive friend, but I always secretly hoped she would come back to school with me one day. She promised that she would transfer to Timpanogos in 2012 so we could go to high school together. When she stayed at Maeser, I was bummed all over again. I was scared that we wouldn't be able to stay best friends in high school because of the completely different lives we would lead.
I soon learned that there's not too much you can do to separate real best friends. We've had awkward times and we've gotten jealous of our other friends at school from time to time, but at the end of the day, we're like sisters: no matter how much we annoy each other, we just can't stay mad. By now I've long accepted the idea that we go to different schools and we still hang out almost every weekend.
But today Ally told me that if Timpanogos has a debate team, she might transfer for 11th grade, and it brought me back to when I cried that day in the hallway. I was so afraid. Right now... I feel so hopeful.

Maybe something good will happen in my life this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)