Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Story of a Girl With Little Patience

Once upon a time there was a girl named Tessa. Now, this girl was very stubborn and lacking in patience when she was excited for something. One morning she was waiting for a certain piece of mail to appear in her family's little black mailbox. Or maybe she was waiting for the short-haired mail woman to drive up in her little cart. Either one works.

So she sat down on her couch. It was 11:00 a.m. "Is it 4:00 yet?" she mumbled to her mother. "Somewhere." she replied as she walked up the stairs. Tessa bowed her head and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally she looked back up at the clock. 11:02. Will this day EVER pass?!? she thought. She listened to music, eavesdropped on her mother's visiting teacher's lesson, took pictures of random things, and removed all of the nailpolish off of her nails. Finally, it was 12:00.

"Mom, this has been, like, the longest day of my life," Tessa whined pathetically as her mother ignored her. She said to ___________, a close friend of hers, "We're supposed to get our schedules in the mail today. My neighbors will think I'm a freak when I sprint out to the mailbox." he replied, "oh great, school is starting. well at least your excited"

It seemed not everyone was as happy as she was about school.

Hours passed. 4:00 p.m. Tessa raced out to the mailbox only to find it empty and her neighber, Spencer, staring strangly at her. "Uhh..." she mumbled, "I was just checking something." She ran back inside before anyone else saw her. As she started painting her fingernails, she requested of her brother, "Hey Braden, do you wanna' tell me when the mail truck comes?"
"It just did."
"Really??!?!"
"No."
"Ughh, you're fired."
"Okay... it came"
"You're pulling my leg, aren't you?"
"Seriously."
And once again Tessa swung open her front door with it's usual creak and flung herself over to the mailbox, this time finding it filled with paper. She took out the stack and sifted through. No schedule. Her hopeful heart shattered into a million disappointed pieces. Cameron, her other neighbor, yelled over at her from the yard next door. "Tessa, I didn't get mine, so if you got yours, I'm gonna' have to beat something up." Spencer looked up at Cam, "Not me, I'm protecting myself with this lawnchair!"
Tessa marched inside, leaving the boys and their shallow coversation behind.

The next morning she woke up thinking, This is it. I'm getting it today.And if I don't, I might just go outside and violently beat the mailbox with a baseball bat. Heh, heh... just kidding. She slithered out of bed and up the stairs.

Soon it was 10:00, and Tessa was pacing the house. Every minute lasted a year. The clock taunted her continually as she stared it down, counting down the minutes. The entire morning went like this, when finally, at 2:47 p.m, her mother called, "Oh, Tessa!!! The mailtruck came!!!" She jumped up and ran out the door, skipped accross her lawn, and opened the mailbox.

No schedule.

How many times must this happen??!?! she thought dismally. When Tessa got inside, she threw the mail down on the table sat on the couch. Maybe tomorrow would be the day, or maybe she would be disappointed once again. We'll just have to find out, and the girl with little patience will keep waiting... And waiting..... And waiting.......

2 comments:

  1. I love how the "waiting" got smaller and smaller.

    Nothing is worse than waiting... and slow days. I have them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i hate that they have not came yet!it is buging the crap out of me!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)