Saturday, September 18, 2010

Braden


This would be me and my baby brother, Braden. Braden is eleven years old and in sixth grade.

Braden was born on July 3, 1999, taking my spot as the youngest in the family. My two-and-a-half-year-old brain convinced me that Braden was of the devil for stealing the attention usually directed towards me. Therefore, I tried to rid of him. I used to step on him, bury him under pillows, and hold him just to be in pictures.

As he got older things didn't change much, except for Braden's increased "being annoying" skills. He'd wipe his boogers on my wall, steal my toys, etc... I probably deserved it. Then again, I probably was the one who taught him how to be obnoxious in the first place. It figures.

The years went on. I learned more horrible things to say to a little brother and we ended up fighting every time we were even in the same building. And besides the fighting, there was the whole "I'M TELLING MOM!" ....."MOM!!!!!!!"  My mother tried a lot of things. She even tried the "Tattle and Pay a Quater" rule. Which we hated.

I'm still not really sure when things started turning around. Now Braden still has a special skill for irritating me, but he's also a sweetheart. He gives me kisses on the cheeks and does little favors for me constantly. Once I was walking to a sleepover with all of my luggage and whatnot, and Braden rode up on his bike and carried my ridiculously heavy bag with only one complaint... "If girls didn't wear make-up, they'd be like 20 pounds lighter."

Whenever Braden has a nightmare or is scared my a storm, he comes down to my bedroom, even in the middle of the night, and sleeps in my floor. I talk to him and give him advice.

Even though sometimes a pain, I'm still grateful to have my cute little Braden. :)

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about my little brother... I also tried killing him several times, which he still holds against me!!!

    This is a cute post! What a QT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)