Thursday, September 30, 2010

Moods These Days

I was having a really hard time lately. I got to the point that I cried myself to sleep last night, listening to the song "Pieces" by Rascal Flatts. Story of my life.

So I go to school and a girl in my History class noticed my frown and baggy eyes. Her name is Paisley King. She sat down next to me, gave me a hug and asked how I was doing. She is such an awesome person and I absolutely love her. So the rest of the day was a bit better, but I was still feeling rather down.

When I got home from school my friend Madi Reinhard called me. "Are you coming to the volleyball game?"
"Uhhh.... no. I'm horrible at volleyball."
"You better come!"
"No."
"YES!"
"Fine!"

I arrived at the stake center and entered the gym. Madi and Ally ran to me and gave me big hugs and explained, several times, how happy they were that I was there. My mood went up some more as I talked with my friends. I sat down on the stage. I met three new people from a different ward and they were all so nice and amazing.

My turn to serve was coming up. I was so stressed out I was going to mess up and people would be upset at me like they were in seventh grade P.E. The other team was winning 25-21. I stepped up to the line, swung my arm, and the ball flew through the air. It soared over the net and right into the middle of the players on the other team. She scrambled for it and missed. People gave me high-fives and smiles of all sorts. After four more serves and four more points we won the game.

I beamed as people gathered around me. No one knew I could do something like that, and I didn't either. We were all so happy and my smile covered half of my face. Another girl came up behind me and asked my name. We introduced ourselves and she complimented my "beautiful hair." I told her that she was wonderful and made me really happy before leaving the gym.

Moods can really turn around these days.

1 comment:

  1. YAY on doing well at the volleyball game! I am glad madeline talked you into going. You have some wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)