Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gifts

When I asked my friend what she wanted for her birthday, she said she wanted us to have matching pajama pants. I picked out the perfect pants and was so excited to show them to her and wear them at all of our sleepovers. She acted happy, but said they were too small. I wanted her to enjoy them, so I took them back, got a bigger size, and gave her the new pants the very next day.
She hasn't even worn them once. She threw them in the very back of a drawer, never to be seen again.

This week I've been thinking about talents. Talents are God's gifts to us. We all have some, whether we know it or not. Don't throw yours in the back of a drawer.
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" --Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)