Thursday, October 13, 2011

For All Girls

I look at all those girls at school. They all seem to have the perfect life. Every day is a good hair day, they have all of the fashionable clothes, they're gorgeous, they're skinny, they're talented at everything, and all of the popular boys revolve around them. And then I look at myself. Bad hair days, no fashionable clothes, frumpy, overweight, clumsy, and a failure at everything I attempt.
I feel judged all the time. I'm insecure, sometimes I hate myself. I'm sleep deprived. I wish I was anyone but myself. Sometimes I wish I could just run away from my own body. A lot of times I think, "Of all people, why am I me?"
I feel like I can never be good enough.

If you feel like this too, read back at the top paragraph. And remember that you're one of those girls at school to everyone but yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Remember what I said, "You'd think little of what others thought of you if you knew HOW little they did." I still have to tell myself that, but honestly, it's getting easier.

    Oh, and you are NOT a failure at everything you attempt, silly. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa holy goodness. You are not any of those things your awesome and most of the time im jealous of your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest Tessa Hatchett,
    You my dear, have got to be one of the greatest people of my life. You have this thing to yourself that you can't find in other people. I don't know what to call it because I've never seen it in any other person. It's like this intense deepness that people can see. Somehow, you are capable of showing how complex you are with the simple gestures you do every single day. I don't know if that makes sense, but I can guarantee that people strive to be like that everyday, but you do it effortlessly. I know i try to show the different hues hidden beneath the my outer shell, but i feel like it's impossible. You are so special and unique Tessa. Don't ever let anyone tell you different, because it isn't true. plus, you have GREAT hair. it's true. it's absolutely amazing. Well, that's all. Love you Tessa.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)