Sunday, August 22, 2010

Priesthood Blessings

As we sat down in our dining room after church for lunch, my parents and sister were havng a conversatinon on the lessons they had in High Priest Group and Relief Society. They talked about priesthood blessings. They said that there are two important things in a priesthood blessing. The first is your faith and willingness to overcome whatever trial you happen to be receiving the blessing for. But biggest factor is the will of the Lord. He always gets the last vote (kind of like a mother, if that helps you to imagine it). 

He knows what's really best for us. Sometimes it's just not what we desire in the moment. I think a lot of people struggle with this. We just need to stop and realize that everything happens for a reason, and we need to stay strong and make the very best of the things we have.

I'm kind of nervous to get my back-to-school-blessing tomorrow. I'm afraid the blessing won't say what I feel is best for me... but deep down I know it's not about what I want, but what will help me to grow into a virtuous woman someday. This year will be a new year. I can feel it. And I'm not going to stop trying to lift people and keep my surroundings appropriate.

I have faith my dad will be prompted by the spirit for the things I need to hear.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be nervous about school tomorrow. You will have so much fun. You are so smart and you'll make friends easily. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be nervous. What God thinks is best for you is always better than what you think is best for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)