Friday, August 13, 2010

"Where Can I Turn For Peace?"

"Where, when my aching grows?
Where, when I languish?

Where, in my need to know?
Where can I run?

Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?"

--Second verse, Hymn #129

Yeah. That's how I feel right now. It's the sickening feeling where you want to cry but the tears don't come, and instead your sadness swallows you whole and leaves you stranded in the pit of despair. I know, optimistic.

But my heart hurts. I can feel it kind of physically and emotionally. When I lay down at night I can feel the beats against my chest as I ask in my head, "Who, who can understand?"

It seems everything around me is crumbling. No one is happy. Where can I turn for peace?

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie. We all feel that way at times. It is the only way we can truely come to know Jesus Christ.

    Just remember, "This too, shall pass."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third verse:
    He answers privately, reaches my reaching
    In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
    Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching
    Constant he is, and kind, love without end.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)