Monday, August 30, 2010

Sitting Next to Him

School went mostly well. I wandered through my classes with him and many other friends. Fourth period I went to a meeting-type thing introducing the fine arts program. I had already been to it earlier in choir, but B4 I was a teacher aide for the art teacher.

I arrived in the room to find some people from different classes already there. I saw him sitting in the back of his group, no one talking with him or sitting by him. This is a golden opportunity to sit next to him, I thought, and threw myself on the ground next to him. We exchanged breif glances. It was quiet between us. I soon decided to say something, and the first thing that popped out of my mouth was rather shallow and dumb. He chuckled anyway, commented, and it was soon silent again.

Throughout the presentation I felt so strange sitting on the floor next to him like that. It wasn't assigned, I hadn't planned it ahead, I just sat down. I tried not to look at his face, seeing as it would be painfully obvious, so I looked to the carpet where lay my foot next to his. I studied the differences in our Converse distractedly. After a while the activity was over and I looked over at his face once again. I said something else rather pitiful and left the room.

I hope I'm not annoying.

1 comment:

  1. It seems you are balancing it ok. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just look at each other as friends and you just might not feel as insecure!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated. :)